Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Trust!

And he believed in the Lord , and He accounted it to him for righteousness. (Genesis 15:6 NKJV)

Today's reading. At first if you just look a this verse and read it you might not understand it. You might have questions like who, why, what's going on? But if we take a min to back up and look at the previous verses we can see exactly how trusting in God is exactly what this verse is talking about.

These are the verses before verse 6.
After these things the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision, saying, “Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your exceedingly great reward.” But Abram said, “Lord God , what will You give me, seeing I go childless, and the heir of my house is Eliezer of Damascus?” Then Abram said, “Look, You have given me no offspring; indeed one born in my house is my heir!” And behold, the word of the Lord came to him, saying, “This one shall not be your heir, but one who will come from your own body shall be your heir.” Then He brought him outside and said, “Look now toward heaven, and count the stars if you are able to number them.” And He said to him, “So shall your descendants be.” (Genesis 15:1-5 NKJV)

This is talking about Abram (Abraham before God changed his name). God was telling him that He is his great reward. Abram then started asking how. He was giving excuses saying that He didn't have an heir and the one that is there is not his. God promises that his heirs will be innumerable.

Many times times I do this in my life. God places something in my life temporarily and I can't wait or don't wait for Him to finish blessing me. I ofte. Ask myself,"God is this it, is this all that you have blessed me with?" What I don't realize is that regardless if what God has given me its a blessing nonetheless. I just have to place all my trust in Him and that He is going to do everything that He promises. I know His word says He will and will fully trust Him no matter what. Lord, help me trust you in all life's situations. Through the good, the bad, and the worst. Help lean on Jesus name.

No comments:

Post a Comment