Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Follow through

11And she made this vow: “O Lord of Heaven’s Armies, if you will look upon my sorrow and answer my prayer and give me a son, then I will give him back to you. He will be yours for his entire lifetime, and as a sign that he has been dedicated to the Lord, his hair will never be cut.” (NKJV)

Be careful what you promise in prayer because God may take you up on it. Hannah so desperately wanted a child that she was willing to strike a bargain with God. God took her up on her promise, and to Hannah's credit, she did her part, even though it was painful. Although we are not in a position to barter with God, he may still choose to answer a prayer that has an attached promise. When you pray, ask yourself: "Will I follow through on any promises I make to God if he grants my request?" It is dishonest and dangerous to ignore a promise, especially to God. God keeps his promises, and he expects you to keep yours.

So many times we catch ourselves wanting things so badly that we will almost do anything to obtain them.  Even if this is trying to make a bargan with God.  Even if God does feel, in His infinite power, to grant us what we are asking for then we must follow through on what we said we were going to do.  Now that being said, this is a dangerous way of praying in my opinion. And that's all this is is my opinion so take it for what it's worth.  We shouldn't have to bargan with God.  We should bring our prayers and concerns to Him in a manner of submission, love, and humility.  If we contiue to ask God for something and that particular something is still weighing down upon our heart, then we must continue asking God for that very thing.  God knows our wants and our desires before we even ask them.  He just wants us to bring them before His throne and talk to Him and ask Him to take care of them.  He wants that one on one relationship. 

God answers requests in three ways, yes, no, and wait.  I have found that in my life the answer that I get more often than not is wait.  I 'll tell you the reason I think this is ths case for me.  I think that in my life God is wanting me to bring more and more things before His throne each and every day.  I try to do things on my own and then I come to God and say, "okGod bless what I'm trying to do, I'm doing it for you so I'm asking you to bless it."  It doesn't work that way.  We must seek Gods face first and His will before we can seek the hand of God.  I am thankful that I am able to call Him my father, my Savior, and my friend.  I am able to do so because He has come into my life and changed me and has saved me.  Even though He has done all of that I still have to bring things before Him and communicate with Him on a daily basis and allow Him to work in my life. 

Making promises to God is dangerous and I think that God granted Hannah her request because He saw her heart.  That's where it all starts is the heart.  I pray for my own life that people don't look at me and see what I am doing or what I am not doing but that they look at me and my life and see that God is using me and that He is still molding me and making me into what He wants me to be.  Praise be to God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment