Pages

Saturday, February 16, 2013

It's God's anyway

“You shall truly tithe all the increase of your grain that the field produces year by year. And you shall eat before the Lord your God, in the place where He chooses to make His name abide, the tithe of your grain and your new wine and your oil, of the firstborn of your herds and your flocks, that you may learn to fear the Lord your God always. (Deuteronomy 14:22, 23 NKJV)

Today's reading was hard to swallow. It was about tithing. For those of you who don't know what tithing is, this is giving a portion or a tenth of what you have earned or received back to God. This shows that you are trusting in Him to provide for you and you are just rightfully giving Him back what is clearly His to begin with. We are placed on this earth to be good Stewart's of what God gives us. This hit me because I struggle with lowing God to rule in this area of my life. I try to give Him what He deserves, what I know I should be giving Him but I look at all the physical things first. The real question is I should ask myself if do I really trust God.

The Bible makes the purpose of tithing very clear: It teaches us to fear the Lord and put him first in our lives. We are to give God the first and best of what we earn. For example, what we do first with our money shows what we value most. Giving the first part of our paycheck to God immediately focuses our attention on him. It also reminds us that all we have belongs to him. A habit of regular tithing can keep God at the top of our priority list and give us a proper perspective on everything else we have.

I want to give Him everything but I let this world get in the way and I start to tho about all of the bill that need to be paid and all of the things that need to be done with that money and I let Satan take over my mind in letting me think that there are to many things for me to take care of besides giving to The Lord. Satan doesn't want me to give to The Lord because when I or when we do that we are furthering His kingdom. My prayer is that I start to trust The Lord more and more in my finances and allow Him to take over my bills and worries. He WILL provide and He is faithful to do so. He always has been.

No comments:

Post a Comment