Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

Listening

Today's lesson was hard. It dealt with making garments for Aaron.
Instruct all the skilled craftsmen whom I have filled with the spirit of wisdom. Have them make garments for Aaron that will distinguish him as a priest set apart for my service. (Exodus 28:3 NLT)

I read and I guess I will have to read before this as well but I think God wants me to just listen to Him. I have been having so many thing consume my mind along with trying to serve The Lord that sometimes I forget to stop and listen. Stop and let Him lead. God speaks and when He does he can speak in m y different ways. I see Him speaking right now I our life right now as we are dealing with my wife being a stay at home mom. This is what she want sand this is what I want because it makes her happy. Through it all I have to stop and listen to Him and His leading.

Listening to Gods voice is sometimes very hard for people to do. Mat people, and I include myself most of the time, don't like the awkward silence. We think that we have to be the ones always talking. That's not true. God want us to communicate with Him on a daily basis but have you ever stopped and thought that He has things to say as well. It may be through a sunset, a clear night, or even through a rough patch in your life that He is speaking to you.

I want to listen to God more and more everyday. My prayer is that we would decrease and He would increase and that we would learn to open our hearts and not just our mouths. Lord, help me to stop and know that you are God. And that you want to speak to me as well. So help me to listen clearly to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment