Pages

Friday, February 22, 2013

Remember

24But be sure to fear the Lord and faithfully serve him. Think of all the wonderful things he has done for you. 1 Samuel 12:24

This was my reading for yesturday.  I didn't have time to post even though I did do my study.  I really enjoy reading His word on a daily basis.  I know that is what we are suppose to do but it come a good "habbit" so to speak once you are committed to doing it.  I don't like using that word because I don't want it to sound as if reading the bible and learning about God is a chore because it's not.  It's a pure joy and I have mad it a priority in my life to take time to spend with the Lord and His word and I encourage all who read this to do the same. 

Now that's said let's get on with the lesson for yesturday.  Samuel reminded the people to take time to consider what great things God had done for them. Taking time for reflection allows us to focus our attention upon God's goodness and strengthens our faith. Sometimes we are so progress- and future-oriented that we fail to take time to recall all that God has already done. Remember what God has done for you so that you may continue your life accompanied with gratitude.

By remembering what God has done for you, in a sence, you may be able to help someone else go through the same type of situation.  The advise that you give someone is very critical especially if you can let that person know how God help you through that situatuation.  Also, by remembering what He has done for you it allows your faith to be stregthened. 

God has blessed me in so me ways it's unbelievable.  There have been so many times that my family has been in a finacial bind or we have needed a situation to change and God has provided.  Either we would get an announomous check in the mail and or heart of people would be changed and God deserves all the Glory.  I can't thank Him enough for the blessing that He has given me.  It's been more than materialistic.  It's more than physical.  Spiritually, God has pierced my heart and has touched my inner soul with the many things that He has done in my life.  My Godly wife, my beautiful kids, and my loving family are just a few.  I thanks God everyday for what He has willingly given me.  Praise be to God.   

No comments:

Post a Comment