Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Choose right!

And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord , choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord .” (Joshua 24:15 NKJV)

This s a great passage. If you back up a little and read front the beginning of the chapter you will notice that Joshua is talking to all the tribes. He is talking to a lot of people. He's not just conversing with one or two, he is making his point to a multitude.

I like this passage because Joshua is telling them everything that God has done for the people. He is telling them how great and wonderful God is. In essence he is saying this is what my God has done for you now you chose what you want to do and go you want to serve. The what he says next is my favorite, but as for me and my house we will serve The Lord. That's awesome.

Our pastor just talked here recently about placing things in our lives that take the place of God. We call these things idols. We may not have big thing that take the place of God or golden Capra or anything but we could have small things. Things like our television time, workout routine, cell phones, video games, or even our selves. These we just a few things that if we are not careful can get in the way of The Lord and hinder our walk with him.

Joshua was saying I'm telling you what God has done in the past and he was also telling them that if they were not careful then they could very easily start worshiping other gods. He wanted to make it very clear to them that no matter what they chose, he and his family were going to serve God. No matter what.

I pray this for my life and my family. That no matter what anyone else does or says and no matter what new fad comes along that me and my family sick to what we know and stick to what is right and that is to serve The Lord no matter what. Easier said than done I know, but no matter what I am going to serve The Lord and follow his teachings and allow Him to lead my life and through Him leading my life I can lead my family according to His will

No comments:

Post a Comment