Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

I stand in awe


Psalm 68:34-35
New King James Version (NKJV)

34 Ascribe strength to God; His excellence is over Israel, And His strength is in the clouds.
35 O God, You are more awesome than Your holy places. The God of Israel is He who gives strength and power to His people. Blessed be God!

Nature surrounds us with countless signs of God's wonderful power. His unlimited power and unspeakable majesty leave us breathless in his presence. How fortunate we are that God cares for us. When we consider all God has done for us, we should feel an overwhelming sense of awe as we kneel before the Lord in his sanctuary.

I seek the Lord every day and thank Him for what He has done and what He is going to do in my life.  There are a lot of things that I take for granted on a daily basis.  Things like the air I breathe, the food I eat, and even the shirt on my back.  Even though these things don't seem that trivial and complex, God has allowed them to be.  I wouldn't have anything if it weren't because of Him.

I even think of my wife and kids.  Some days I go through the normal routine and I get to bed at night, and it doesn't even cross my mind if I have allowed God to use me to touch my own family's lives.  God's power and might, His mercy and grace is there for me to use and He is waiting on me to acknowledge Him and seek it out in my own life.   As I look into each of my kids eyes, as crazy as they can be at time, I am blown away that God has formed this person, this little being and has entrusted me to and my wife to take care of them.  God is in control of what goes on but He has allowed Emily and I to be apart of these children's lives and watch over them and to teach them about who He is and what He did for us.   Wow.   I have to stop and think, that is a big responsibility.  And then I have to stop and think, "God am I able to do this and to do it well and according to how You want me to do it?"  As I think of these questions God gives me the answers right away.  Proverbs 3:5-6 (NKJV) 5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; 6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct[a] your paths."  

I am thankful that God's power and might reaches far beyond anything that I could ever understand.  That way it make me rely on Him and His word and guidance more than my own.  I am thankful again for my wife and kids and everything that God has blessed me with and I do, as the scripture says, feel and get an overwhelming sense of awe in the presence of the Lord.   My family and I were watching Louie Giglio and he was talking about the universe and How God made it so big.  Louie said that in studying the stars and the galaxies that it gives you a sense of feeling small.  Well He is right.  The sense of feeling small is, I think, on purpose because God wanted us to see how great and majestic and powerful He is.  This small feeling is a good thing because we then understand that God is the center and we are not and we need to serve Him instead of ourselves.  Praise be to God.  

No comments:

Post a Comment