Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Looking back


Psalm 77:11-12 (NKJV)

11 I will remember the works of the Lord;Surely I will remember Your wonders of old. 12 I will also meditate on all Your work, And talk of Your deeds.

Memories of God's miracles and faithfulness sustained Israel through its difficulties. The Israelite s knew that God was capable and trustworthy. When you meet new trials, review how good God has been to you, and this will strengthen your faith.

Day after day I struggle with this very aspect of trusting in God.  I get into the mindset of, "I can do it on my own".  Which in fact I can not do anything on my own.  It is God who gives me the strength that I need to accomplish whatever it is that is placed in front of me.  

There have been numerous situations where something has been needed, or a bill has needed to be paid, or one of us has needed to go to the doctor because of a sickness.  I can't tell you how many time God has provided for me and my family in ways that are beyond measure.  Those bills that needed to be paid were taken care of, the doctor visit that needed to be made wasn't unnecessary because the illness went away, etc.  God provides and He wants us to remember those things and tell other about them and about how great He is.  

The testimonies of what God has done in our lives prove to be an example of the love and grace that God wants to give each and every one of us.  God loves us so much that He will provide for us as long as we ask Him.  And the cool thing is He will do the same even if we don't just to show us How big and awesome He is.  God does what He chooses to do but He wants us to tell others of the things that He has done for us.   God is great and wonderful and throughout my life He has blessed me when I didn't even deserve it.  By remembering the things that God has done for you it helps you to rely on Him and His word even more knowing that He is in control and going to take care of you no matter what.  


Matthew 6:26 says, "Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?"  Praise God that He loves us so much.  Praise be to God! 

No comments:

Post a Comment