Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Reach Out with Love


Psalm 72:12-14 (NKJV)

12 For He will deliver the needy when he cries, The poor also, and him who has no helper. 13 He will spare the poor and needy, And will save the souls of the needy. 14 He will redeem their life from oppression and violence; And precious shall be their blood in His sight.

God cares for the needy, the afflicted, and the weak because they are precious to him. If God feels so strongly about these needy ones and loves them so deeply, how can we ignore their plight? Examine what you are doing to reach out with God's love. Are you ignoring their plight or are you meeting their needs?

Everyday on my my way to work I see the poor and homeless throughout the streets.  I often ask myself, "How did they end up in the situation that they are in?"  You here stories of people taking advantage of that type of situation and profiting from it.  Some stand on the corners and beg for money and then they get into a nicer car than I drive.  Now what's with that?  I want God to use me and I want to be available for God to be able to use me.  Regardless of what I think or what my emotions are doing, I want to do what God wants me to do, the Godly thing, in those kind of situations.  

Proverbs 28:27 says, "27 He who gives to the poor will not lack, But he who hides his eyes will have many curses." (NKJV)  I want to do what God asks of me and I want to be generous in my life when God blesses me in abundance.  I may not have a lot of money but I pray that when I come across someone in need, I may be able to meet their physical needs as well as their spiritual needs.  Praise be to God.  

No comments:

Post a Comment