Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Persistance


Psalm 69:13 (NKJV)

13 But as for me, my prayer is to You, O Lord, in the acceptable time; O God, in the multitude of Your mercy, Hear me in the truth of Your salvation.

What problems David faced! He was scoffed at, mocked, insulted, humiliated, and made the object of citywide gossip. But still he prayed. When we are completely beaten down, we are tempted to turn from God, give up, and quit trusting him. When your situation seems hopeless, determine that no matter how bad things become you will continue to pray. God will hear your prayer, and he will rescue you. When others reject us, we need God most. Don't turn from your most faithful friend.

I pray and pray and sometimes it feels as if it's only when things are going bad.  Most of the time it feels that way.  There are other times that life is going according to His will, in my mind, and I still pray to God during these times.  Prayer is so essential to our lives as Christians.  I remember times throughout my marriage, my wife and I would talk about habits and things that would pull us away from God.  She said many times, and it's true, that it only takes three times to become a habit and to get you out of your normal routine.  Whether that be reading your bible, going to church, or even praying.  We have to make prayer a consistent aspect in our lives no matter what is going on at the present time.  

I find it hard sometimes in the morning to pray just for the simple fact that I am still waking up, I'm not 100% alert, or I am still tired.  These sound like what they are, EXCUSES!  God doesn't want excuses, He wants consistency and faithfulness and obedience.  I do my best to push through those excuses and pray and the next thing I know I have spent 30 to 45 mins. in prayer.  It's just doing it and being faithful to God and who He is.  James 5:16 says, " 16 Confess your trespasses[a] to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much." (NKJV)  I love this verse.  It keeps ringing in my when I pray.  I want to be that righteous man for God and I want my prayers to be effective.  

There have been many situations in my family's life over the past year that has rocked us and shaken us to the core.  Without God, I don't know where we would be, how we would have gotten through it, or even if our family would have survived.  The reason I say this is because God is the one who holds us all together and He is the one that we can lean on and trust in in times of trial and tribulations.  Why would we not want to pray to Him and praise Him and talk to Him and ask Him to hold us in His hands.  God is there no matter what, all we have to do is speak and He is faithful to listen if we humble ourselves before Him.  Praise be to God.   

No comments:

Post a Comment