Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Illumination

Have you ever had a situation in your life to where you are waiting on God to speak and you can't wait to hear His voice?  My life is there right now.  I want Gods will to be done in my life right now so bad that I can hardly stand it.  I want, I need, I have to have...does anyone else see a problem with this situation right now besides me? Even though I want things to happen and to come about I need to focus on God and who He is and what He is about.  His word will show me everything that I need to do, to be, and what to expect. 

My son is growing up and his vocabulary is soaring.  My daughter is growing and running a much and having a great time doing it.  I want them to see the man that God has called me to be.  I can only be that man if I am in His word and seeking His face.  I don't want them to grow up not knowing who the Lord is let alone not seeing their mom and dad be an example for Christ.  That is the most important thought I have in the back of my mind everyday.  I just want to be an example for Christ to and in front of my children.  I want to be an encourager and a spiritual leader to my wife.  The only way that I can do that is focusing on and loving God and allowing Him to lead my life. 

Todays bible reading was very encouraging.  I have read it before and read it many time over.  In all my reading of the passage I have just read right over the fullness of the truth that is packed in this verse. 

Psalm 119:105
(New King James Version)
105 Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path.   

To walk safely in the woods at night we need a light so we don't trip over tree roots or fall into holes. In this life, we walk through a dark forest of evil. But the Bible can be our light to show us the way ahead so we won't stumble as we walk. It reveals the entangling roots of false values and philosophies. Study the Bible so you will be able to see your way clear enough to stay on the right path.

I pray this for me and my family everyday.  I want our lives to be filled with Gods word and His spirit.  Having Him lead our lives and directing my path is what I desire.  Dear Lord, I do ask that you would allow me to seek your face through studying your word and fervently praying to you.  I ask that you would align my wants and desires up with your wants and desires.  Help me to honor you and glorify your name.  Amen.

Praise be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment