Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

Praise


Psalm 61:8 NKJV/NIV


New King James Version (NKJV)
8 So I will sing praise to Your name forever, That I may daily perform my vows.

New International Version (NIV)

8 Then will I ever sing praise to your name and fulfill my vows day after day.

David made a vow to praise God each day. David continually praised God through both the good and difficult times of his life. Do you find something to praise God for each day? As you do, you will find your heart elevated from daily distractions to lasting confidence.

In my daily life I have found that no matter what kind of situation I am in, that I am in it for a reason.  I have always believed and been taught that God has a reason for everything.  No matter how hard or how easy something may seem, God is in control.  The bible says that He is the author and finisher of our faith.  God created all is in all.  So why would we not want to praise Him.  

Today is a day that some people look over and other praise.  This is the day that our Lord and Savior was tried and mocked and beaten and placed on and nailed to a cross to die for you and me.  Why?  Did we deserve it?  No!  We deserved death period.   Did He deserve it?  No!  He die for us because He loved us and He wanted to spend eternity with us and He knew that if He didn't die in our place we would still be in sin and there would be no way to the Father.   But through His sacrifice and by taking our penalty He created a way through the Son to the Father.  This day is a sad day but also a glorious day because if you are a believer in Jesus Christ, you know that He didn't stay in the grave but on the third day He rose from the dead and conquered death.  Amen!

That is why we can praise Him in all types of situations.  We know that this life here on earth is just a mere vapor, a mere blink of an eye compared to eternity and we have that to look forward to.  I do my best to praise God each and everyday for the things that He has done for me and the things that He has blessed me with.  I am unworthy but because of what He did on the cross and what He did in my heart I am overjoyed to be called a child of God.  Praise be to God.  

No comments:

Post a Comment