Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Guidance


Psalm 25:4-5

New King James Version (NKJV)
Show me Your ways, O Lord;
Teach me Your paths.

David expressed his desire for guidance. How do we receive God's guidance? The first step is to want to be guided and to realize that God's primary guidance system is in his Word, the Bible. By reading it and constantly learning from it, we will gain the wisdom to perceive God's direction for our lives. We may be tempted to demand answers from God, but David asked for direction. When we are willing to seek God, learn from his Word, and obey his commands, then will we receive his specific guidance.
 
I have been going along these past few days in a fog.  I have been trying to follow God's leading and trying to listen to His word but I have been trying to listen with my ears instead of my heart.  I haven't posted in a few days because I have been lazy.  I don't have anything to hide.  I just haven't been putting in the time.  I have been reading but I just haven't put in the time.  
 
I want God to do just what David was asking of Him.  I want guidance.  I want God to guide my life everyday.  If I allow Him to speak to me and if I listen with my heart and mind, there is no telling what doors God can open up in my life.  God glorified is the most important thing to me and by listening to Him and allowing Him to guide me is one way I can do that. 

This past Sunday I stepped down at my church from my position of Minister of Music.  I sence God moving in my life and this wasn't a dicision that was entered into lightly.  In reading about guidance today and thinking back on what God had been doing in my life upto the time of my dicision I can see how He has been guiding me.   I know that God has something more in store for me and my family.  God will do something great with us and our minisstry if we just let Him.  Questions have been asked to me if I think that this was the right thing to do or even the best time to do it.  My responce to that was if I wasn't obedient to God and His calling the end results wouldn't turn out good for no one.  I am at peace with the choices that were made and I know that God is going to continue to guide me and my family if we are only faithful to what He has called us to be.  Praise be to God. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment