Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Restoration


Psalm 41:1-2 (New King James Version)

1 To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David. Blessed is he who considers the poor; The Lord will deliver him in time of trouble. 2 The Lord will preserve him and keep him alive, And he will be blessed on the earth; You will not deliver him to the will of his enemies.


As the life of a deer depends upon water, so our lives depend upon God. Those who seek him and long to understand him find never-ending life. Feeling separated from God, this psalmist wouldn't rest until he restored his relationship with God because he knew that his very life depended on it.

Understanding that God controls your life regardless of what you do is a hard thing to wrap your mind around.  Even though we are the ones doing the actions, God is the one controlling us and allowing things to happen in our lives.  He is the one that is allowing "life" to happen for us.  If there is a riff or something that has hindered us from walking with Him then we need to do everything that we can to ask for forgiveness and turn our lives back over to Him.  

The Lord want to bless us but He first wants us to know that, as believers, that we must first honor and glorify Him and then the blessing will come.  God is going to keep us from harm but He does allow things to happen in our lives to either strengthen our faith or test our faith.  Through those trials and testing we are able to grow in our faith and in our relationship with Him.

I want my relationship with God to be so close that others can see me walking with Him no matter where I am.  More importantly I want my relationship to be so close with the Lord that no matter what I face or come in contact with, He is the one I go to first for direction and guidance.  I want it to be an automatic thing without hesitation.  If there is anything that gets in the way of that then I want to be just like the psalmist, making sure I do anything and everything it takes to make that relationship right again.  Praise be to God.   

No comments:

Post a Comment