Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Wholeheartedly, never give up!

5 But I have trusted in Your mercy; My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation. 6 I will sing to the Lord, Because He has dealt bountifully with me. (NKJV)

The NLT say, 5 But I trust in your unfailing love. I will rejoice because you have rescued me. 6 I will sing to the Lord because he is good to me.  I like the way this version puts it just  because they use the words unfailing.  The ESV uses steadfast.  This tells me that no matter what God's love for me is always going to be.  Even when I sin, and I will, against Him, He will still love and care for me no matter what. 

This hits home with me right now in my life.  Especially when it says I will trust in Your unfailing love.  Meaning I will trust in You God with all that am.  I have to live this out in my life right now with decisions that need to be made and things that need to be done.  God isn't finished with me yet and by staying in His word and listening to Him and praying on a daily basis I am able to trust in Him.  God only want the best for His children but He sometimes needs to test them and try them to see where they are in their walk with Him.  Even though He already knows, I think that He wants us as believers to realize where we are at in our walk and be conscious of it.   

We see throughout this book that David was faithful to God and trusted wholeheartedly in him, but he felt the pressure of his problems as much as anyone. Instead of giving up or giving in, however, David held on to his faith. In times of despair, it is much harder to hold on than to give up. But if you give up on God, you give in to a life of despair.

I think we can learn from David and turn everything that we have in our lives over to God.  No matter if it is good, bad, great, or so-so; God wants to take it and take care of it.  I want God to lead in my life right now.  It is to the point that I am crying out to God telling Him to come and use me but first and foremost humble me so that I can be the man that He wants me to be and the man that I know that He has called me to be. 

This is my prayer: Lord, I ask that you would humble me to the point to where all that I can do is rely on you.  I ask that everything in my life be turned over to you and that you would take control of my life, my job, my family, my desires and place all of these and more in the center of your will.  Speak to me Lord and allow me to put away anything and everything that is going to hinder me from hearing your words.  I love you Lord and I thank you very much for your words that I have read tonight in your holy word.  Praise be to God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment