Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Seeking His face before seeking His hand.

Psalm 16:7-8 New King James Version (NKJV)

7 I will bless the Lord who has given me counsel; My heart also instructs me in the night seasons.
8 I have set the Lord always before me; Because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved.
 
It is human nature to make our own plans and then ask God to bless them. Instead, we should seek God's will first. By constantly thinking about the Lord and his way of living, we will gain insights that will help us make right decisions and live the way God desires. Communicating with God allows him to counsel us and give us wisdom.
 
If we try to direct God in doing something that we want then we are completly out of His will.  If we seek Gods face instead and His desires, then He will direct us along the path that He would have us go.  Many time in my life I find myself doing this very exact thing.  Saying, "God I'm going to do .... and I want you to bless it in Your name."  Well I, for one, am wrong in that thinking and need to ask for forgivness and then I need to take a step back and ask God what His desires and wants are and then align myself with those.  We need to be the people that God has called us to be if we are true children of God's. 
 
My prayer is this, God please allow me to not make a move or a decision without Your moving or directing in my life.  I want You to be the one in the driver seat.  I want You to be the one that I go to for all of my needs and desires.  But above all, I want to seek your will and Your heart before I seek after anything that I "want" in my life.  Lord, let me be a vessel that You choose to use however You so desire.  I love You and thank You Lord.  Praise be to God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment