Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

Honesty, not flattery!

"6 The words of the Lord are pure words, Like silver tried in a furnace of earth, Purified seven times." NKJV

This was todays reading.  I liked what it said as soon as I started reading it.  When the scripture says the word pure it means pure, clean a) clean (ceremonially - of animals), b) pure (physically), c) pure, clean (morally, ethically).  This tells us that Gods words are perfect.  No blemish or spot.  I like that because that is something that you can hold on to and trust in.  Another word that stuck out to me as I read was tried.  This word means to smelt, refine, or test.  This meant to acually place in a fire and refine whatever material needed to be used or molded or tested.  This passage gives us a symbol of how His word is more pure than the most presious of silvers or golds. 

Sincerity and truth are extremely valuable because they are so rare. Many people are deceivers, liars, flatterers; they think they will get what they want by deception. As a king, David certainly faced his share of such people, who hoped to win his favor and gain advancement through flattery. When we feel as though sincerity and truth have nearly gone out of existence, we have one hope-the Word of God. God's words are as flawless as refined silver. So listen carefully when he speaks.

My prayer is that as God speaks to me in my life, that I would be still and know that He is God.  That my life would not be so full of things of this world that I can't hear Him speaking.  I want to hear and listen to each word that God says and treasure tham and hide them in my heart and allow them to lead me in HIs will. 

Lord, lead me and direct me.  Show me the direction that you would have me go.  Show me what is best for me and my family and allow your words to penitrate my heart.  Help me Lord to step out of your way and allow you to move.  I pray that I would die to self every day and that I would allow you to live in and through me no matter what is going on in my life.  I want to praise you in the good as well as in the bad.  Why?  Because you are worthy of my praise.  Praise be to God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment